Conduct a search online of asbestos and you will see hundreds of reasons why it is a dangerous substance that should be removed from your property. The risks to your health are enormous and can cause serious and fatal conditions such as asbestosis, mesothelioma and lung cancer. At one point during United Kingdom construction history, asbestos was a common building material because of its ability to insulate and provide strength to materials. It was considered so safe that even the British armed forces used asbestos in various maintenance repair tasks and in construction such as military barracks, to build vehicles and in the construction of military ships. Though asbestos was finally banned in the UK in 1999, there are still a great many buildings that have previously been constructed using asbestos. In fact, it is widely believed that approximately 51 percent of construction prior to legislation still contains asbestos material that can create a risk of exposure. Because of this risk Asbestos Removal South removes asbestos from homes, garages and rooftops where the substance is now most likely to be located.
Removing asbestos should never been untaken as a do-it-yourself project. It is a substance that should be removed by highly trained professionals and if it is deemed as a last resort to other strategies for keeping you safe on your property. Asbestos inhalation has extensive health risks that date as far back as the 17th century when the materials was imported from countries like South African and Australia for the construction and insulation of building as well as ships. When you breathe this substance it enters your lungs and the body does not have the ability to break it down to protect itself.
Reduce Risk of Cancer
After asbestos fibers are inhaled, they can stick to the mucus membranes of your nose and mouth and in various cases they are ingested where the fibers remain unseen and as a hidden threat it does not show up on x-rays for years after they have been ingested or passed to areas like the lungs. And often by the time it is detected, it has become an untreatable condition and can also cause illnesses like mesothelioma cancer. This is a form of cancer specifically caused by asbestos that affects the lungs, chest, and abdomen. These fibers have torn off from a variety of places in the home and in building that still contain asbestos.
Get Rid of Opportunistic Fibers
When you’re living in a property with asbestos it is possible to breath it in any number of ways. If you have asbestos still in your home we can remove it from insulation. But it might also be located in linoleum flooring, on the shingles of your roofing as well as the tiles of your ceiling. Even your pets can be at risk for inhaling asbestos, which can cause them to also fall sick. Our professional team uses state of the art equipment to rid residential and commercial properties of asbestos materials.
Why Hire Us
With the advent of newer technologies for insulation and flooring as well as siding and roofing materials, there is no longer a need to remain with asbestos in your home or commercial property. It’s far safer to remove asbestos before the fibers are floating around your home, putting you and your guests at risk for health conditions later down the road.